“Float” The YouTube

Hi everyone,

I am sharing a YouTube that I just made today using a poem and soundtrack I wrote back in 2012. I think very few of my readers and friends were following this blog back then, so I decided to make a few screen capture clips of the actual world I built back then on Kitely Virtual Worlds on Demand ( https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Karima-Hoisan/Float ) and make it as a YouTube.
This same soundtrack and my voice play automatically when you first land on the Float Virtual World. Dale Innis designed some random scary boats that when you sit on them, go off in any direction and can meet anything swimming under the water. They also tend to sink the more you ride them. Very desconcerting and truly frightening!

This is me at my Goth -Scary side, that I love to do now and then:)  Please play the YouTube and let me know if you felt the mood..muaaah  Could you feel what a true nightmare that would be?
Full Screen and turn up the sound…I wrote the music too (yay me:)😊

This entry was posted in General Discussion, Machinima, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to “Float” The YouTube

Wow, this is great! The visuals go perfectly with the soundtrack, I would never have guessed they were some years apart if I didn’t know. Very scary indeed! I have fond associations with that sim, despite the terrors. 🙂

• Smiles remembering your labor and the boats capriciously sinking as they moved through the water:) That was our first collaboration that we did together..more than 8 years ago! I too have very fond memories of this time too:):) Thank you Dale..for still staying close:)

2. Ace says:

Wow Karima, good job you!! I was thoroughly entertained and captivated throughout! The dreamy music matched perfectly with the brilliant poem and your strong voice, what an excellent trio of amazingness! Thank you for sharing this video with us 🙏🏻. I thoroughly enjoyed 🖤🤗

• Awwww thank you Ace..smiles big, I just need that Gothy-Darkish side to run free now and then. Thank you for finding such awesome words, “an excellent trio of amazingness” *giggles..I sure hope I can live up to all that.Love your wordsmithing in both your poetry and your wonderful comments too… Thank you dear Ace…for your generosity…. You are a natural people person…Be Blessed always…🌟❤️✨🤗🔆🌹🌟🦋

3. for fear it might be your last…

😱 Karima 😱

My Goodness! What a video! It was a treat to both eyes and ears. Your voice is as beautiful and deep as the meaning of words. And music too? You are a multi talented personality. It’s an honour to connect with you. Thanks for sharing this amazing post.

• Kaushal, thank you so much for watching. I think many poets don’t always open sound files or YouTubes and prefer to only read (I am not one of those…smiles, I love to always hear the author’s voice read his or her own poetry) so I notice that when I post one of my videos, there is usually less interest from my readers. Because of all of this, your comment is very meaningful to me. I used to compose music more before, but I still do and many of my older machinimas(screen capture in 3D worlds) feature my own music. Thank you for your kind words and your enjoyment of what I do. It is also my honor to connect with you:)🙏🌟🤗🌹

• KK says:

It’s my pleasure, Karima. I’m really wonderstruck, because music composition is a different ballgame altogether. I have seen very few lyricists as singers and composers too. Keep it going. I’m truly happy for you. Stay blessed 🙏💐

Yay, you, indeed! That is amazing, Karima. Your talent knows no limits. Truly amazing, my friend. I loved the line, “the nightmares that floats you,” that’s profound. I also loved the parts when you describe feet floating in the water, as a listener, it is positively scary! Wonderful crafted, created, and delivered, as always!🙏❤️🤗🌻💫

6. Karima, you are fabulous. The video is splendid: the music, the imaged, the voice, everything is out of this world. I don’t know what else to say. You took my breath away. Thank you for sharing.
    xoxo

7. That music really starts out strong. And then there are “nightmares that float you[…]”. Powerful writing. This really has a haunting feel to it.

• Thanks so much Ben…that was what I was attempting to do with the lyrics, the music and my dark imagery..create a mood. Our imagination in these cases are our biggest threat:) more so than the rare 🦈. So glad you enjoyed it…if we can use the verb “enjoy” in this case he he 🌟🙏🦋❤️

• I think you created the mood you were looking to achieve! And it’s one of the hardest things to do, but you are good at doing that in many of your pieces. Haha. Yes, enjoyed it even in it’s haunting feel. ❤️ 🙂

8. Hehe, I blame this desire to create dark things now and then on my love for Edgar Allan Poe when I was 12 and my dad had just died. For some reason his dark stories of death and madness,,, comforted me..Whaaat? but they really did.lol

9. jonicaggiano says:

Wow, amazing visuals and great music which compliments your voice and the poem. So much talent. I love seeing this interesting work. This is different then anything I have seen before. Amazing collaboration. Loved it. ❤️🤗😘Hugs Joni

• Thank you so much Joni…this one was just me..My partner Natascha is not quite recovered and so I filmed it…very simply, but just to add a visual. I am so happy you liked it all. This is called machinima, which is capturing what you see on your screen when you are inside a virtual world…I am delighted it was a new video form for you. Big Hugs and good week ahead!❤️🤗🙏🌹🌹

• jonicaggiano says:

Thank you my friend. I hope your partner will be well soon. I really enjoyed the film and thought it was beautiful work. Hugs and thanks for yours. ❤️🤗😘💕🦋 love Joni

10. Samreen Asad says:

Wonderful habeebity ❤️❤️❤️ You are a complete package of what needs to be called brilliant. Your voice, oh i love is sooo much, you know that🤗🤗🤗

• Awww habeebity and You are the total package of loving support…my sister:) I am thrilled you love my voice:) Big hugs to you and I hope you can hear my Live reading Sunday or at least the recording UnAmzar..Much love to you ❤️❤️❤️

• Samreen Asad says:

Recording for sure habeebity I will hear❤️❤️ apologies as won’t be able to hear live as you know with Anzar it’s difficult.. 🙂💖🤗❤️