My Poem,”Way With Words” on Spillwords Press

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.36.54 AM

Hello everyone,
I am happy to share today, that my poem, “Way With Words” is now up on Spillwords Press.
This is my 7th poem chosen for their site, and once again I am grateful to the editors and all at Spillwords, for accepting my latest submission.

Way With Words.
I lost my way with words when I lost you.
I had this way with them, I was the gentle trainer,
and words were pigeons, squabbling,
until I coaxed them to their place;
and even if I let them go, a thousand miles from where you lived,
I know…because I know…
you felt their wings aflutter, trying to get back home upon your chest,
and there they stayed a while, before they laid upon my sheet to rest…….

(Please continue to their site to read the rest)  Click the link below:
Spillwords.com

This entry was posted in Announcements, Poems, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to My Poem,”Way With Words” on Spillwords Press

1. Beautiful hon. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. Lots of hearts to you. I hope you feel better.
    xoxo

2. SUPER DUPER HUGE Mazal tov & Mabruk!

David

Congratulations, yet again! Never doubt that you are a Real Poet. 😀

4. Joey says:

Congratulations! This is so beautiful, and yes you have this amazing way with words ❤

Wow! Congratulations, Karima! You deserve this honour. So beautiful! You always amaze with your beautiful words and a distinct way of expressing your emotions. 👌💐❤️

6. Congratulations!It truly is a beautiful work, one of the best that I’ve read of yours 🙂 .Awaiting more great reads! =D

• Thank you so much Quaranjavirus, I am so glad you especially liked this poem..It is a personal favorite of mine to do in readings:) Yes, inshallah I will have more great reads for you soon..:)

7. Congratulations Karima 🙂

8. Wow! This is so beautiful! Congratulations!

9. jonicaggiano says:

This is so beautiful my friend, just gorgeous writing. I love it and I certainly hit that heart button to give you my vote. Congratulations for your SpillWords publication, it is always such a big honor to be on this incredible on-line magazine with so much amazing talent. Enjoy this and your other bit win today my friend. Love you sweetie and congratulations on being a ShortProse Honorable Mention – I am in so great company. You are so very talented, this piece is gorgeous. Love you, Karima xoxoxo Joni

10. Hugs Joni..aren’t you a sweet visitor with your beautiful words and inspiration.. Thank you so much for loving this poem..as you know, I have had a series of sensitive losses and this poem was born back in 2012 with the death of Umahamd… my amazing muse(who also is in my poem that just received an honorary mention. I too feel in such good company because all named with us, I enjoy their poetry. You my friend are an incredible poet… and everything you write sends me deep into your imagery and you totally transport me…Such a gift! Love you beautiful and talented friend!❤️ Thank you for all your loving expressions of solidarity…🤗

11. Hoyt says:

Dear Karima,
    This touches both me, and all your followers deeply! An interesting parallel at how you’ve lost your words, but in reality, here they are in perfect order. You are amazing! Congrats on getting another one published

12. Congrats, Congrats! Looking forward to number 8!

13. Navin says:

Oh wow, what a beautiful poem…I was swimming for a while…deep in your ink…I’m amazed how you express…powerful lines…this one in particular captured my attention…”I let my animals out, now they all roam free.”…there are several other lines…but then I would end up writing a book…you don’t write poetry…coz you’re poetry…many congratulations to you on being published at Spillwords…this is the very 1st time I have read your poem on their site…it’s your 7th time…no wonder when you write so magnificently…7 number has a great significance in my life…no, I’m not trying to connect any dots…it’s pure sharing…one day I would share in detail…many congratulations once again, Karima 💫

• Dear Navin..well you made this comment on December 8, and just now, I am seeing it and feeling like, “how did I not see this?” Well..I’m here now, reading your words and they are wonderful and inspiring and thank you Navin for reading and entering into my poem. You have an amazing way with words yourself!!:) What you have said has touched me deeply. Thank you for showing your sincere appreciation of my poetry and being happy for me too:):) It takes a generous heart and I perceive yours to be almost limitless…and so giving, so unselfishly happy for others.. Smiles in admiration and sincerity for your comment.

• Navin says:

No worries at all, dear Karima…you know, WP has its own way of playing hide & seek…you are here now…you’re very welcome…it’s actually my pleasure to read your poem & be in it by sensing the words & vibrations…you’re an amazing writer…you already know that…thank you very much for your kind & heartfelt words…much appreciated…I’m smiling this very moment 💫

• Me too….all smiles..Thank you!!

14. D David Croot says:

congratulations, any tips on amassing followers/ readers