“Against Those Tides” on Spillwords Press

Zen-Carnival-nov-12-Large                                               “Zen Carnival” by Jan Betts

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!
I am happy to announce that my poem,
“Against Those Tides” is up on Spillwords Press today!
This marks my ninth poem on their beautiful site and I would like to give thanks to the editors, specially Dagmara K. for accepting my submission and their continual support of my poetry.
The amazing acrylic, “Zen Carnival” that accompanies my poem, is painted by my dear friend and outstanding artist, Jan Betts.

Against Those Tides

An ocean between us,
The current churned you gone.
Voices whispered, “run-away – just run!”
You cancelled all your flights;
Flew down the desert highway before dawn.

I invite you all to read the rest here: “Against Those Tides”
Please feel free to leave your comments here on mine.

Love,
Karima

This entry was posted in Poems and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to “Against Those Tides” on Spillwords Press

Congratulations yet again! You must be, like, one of their Major Contributors by now; lucky them. 🙂

2. Congratulations, Karima! Very lovely poem.

3. Wow, congratulations!

4. Jaya Avendel says:

Congratulations on this fine publication! Loving the imagery.

5. Navin says:

What a beautiful & heartfelt poem…the love & the pain is what I see on my screen…when I finished reading your words, I sighed & then exhaled…don’t know how to describe it but what I’m saying is that I could feel your lines…you’re an amazing poet & it doesn’t surprise me that Spillwords have chosen to publish your poem once again…many congratulations, dear Karima…keep blessing us with your creativity ❤️

• Thank you my dear Navin…knowing a bit about you through your transparent and beautiful poetry…I think I feel your reaction to my poem…I understand it.. Big loves big unconventional loves.. when all of a sudden…they go poof..for whatever reason.. “now they’re here..in a split.. now they no longer are” is penetratingly..traumatizing and can last a long time….and yet…in the end..love is love and how lucky to have known it in our lifetime..even if it wasn’t forever…I would always do it over again…as I am sure.. you would too. Thank you for this amazing and honest comment…and for loving and supporting my poetry..You know it means so much to me 🙏🦋❤️

Congratulations, Karima, once again! You truly deserve it for this beautiful poem 😊💐🌹🙏

7. swadharma9 says:

such a moving, lovely, sad, loving poem🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼thank you for the tender comfort🌹🦋🌹

• Thank you dear J:) Love and there are so many types of it too…can be all of those things in the same breath…the same moment.. I know you know… I loved your comment… I feel you felt it all just as you wrote…🙏🦋🌹

What a gorgeous poem, conveying a depth of despair and sadness the reader could feel viscerally, while also elucidating a measure of hope in the possibility of continued connection through thoughtful and meaningful reminiscence. So beautiful, Karima. Congratulations! 🤗❤️🌿🦋🌹

9. Congratulations! Great poem