My Syncopated Life

Zoom4.39 PM
                                              “Zoom” by Dale Innis on Midjourney
Click Play to hear me recite it to “Chill Latin Salsa Café Dinner Lounge Instrumental Music”

My Syncopated Life

Syncopated Life how it gets away from me,
before I even sign on the dotted line
lunch is served and I need to leave.

That’s my life in a nut shell going to hell
rata tatat like I’m on an automatic track.

It all goes by so fast each week before my eyes,
I’m running here and sitting there
and then, its the weekend again; Time flies.

Syncopated multitasking multilevel day,
Run run run, with the path of the sun
because I need to have it done Yesterday.

All you see of me is a blurry whirl speeding by,
I’m, like a tornado on heels, the real deal
Living in all the lanes my syncopated life.

There is a secret that I keep and I will tell you true,
I’m fast burning out I’m about to shout
Someone put the skids on me won’t you?

Then running to the galleries cuz that’s my fun,
Gotta swim swim my laps before I collapse
eat my lunch cuz its all good for me in the long run.

Dashing to the barber and the baker and the vet,
Catch the soccer game at the stadium always the same
Writing out a shopping list while dancing my Zumba set.

No doubt, my syncopated life, will probably kill me,
I can’t keep up the pace and put on a good face
Going to have a major breakdown if I can’t get free.

That’s my life in a nut shell going to hell
rata tatat like I’m on an automatic track.

There is a secret that I will tell you true,
I’m about to shout that I’m fast burning out
Someone put the skids on me won’t you?

Ad lib…

I need to stop this running ‘round and put my feet up in the air,
Do yoga repeats and no more double-time beats
So if you see me coming, grab hold of me and keep me there

Too much zoom zoom zoom
and all mixed up
that’s my life in a nut shell going to hell
rata tat tat like I’m on an automatic track……

January 21, 2023
Costa Rica

*Footnote: This is Not my life lol:)

This entry was posted in Poems, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to My Syncopated Life

Woooooo! The ad lib is amazing; you always have something new. 🙂

And all the inner rhymes reinforce the speed and frantic pace of the words; so impressive!

2. swadharma9 says:

i think that it reflects your active inner life, which the body just cant keep up with. your lively creative mind can zoom zoom light years ahead of the plodding body. 🚀🎉 it does sound like a friendly reminder, not a warning that the troops are marching in.

where in your life would it be beneficial for you to slow down & take a more sensitive approach? i would ponder that question: because a poem, like a dream, comes as a messenger to tell you something you dont know that would be helpful for you to become aware of.🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼😘🌹

3. Omg Karmima.. this is THE BEST!! I just love it my friend.. girlfriend you sound like me dahling! do that soon or you’ll get an injury like me. This is hysterical.. I’m LMAO. I have a Zoom at 3:30 in 10 min.. I kid you not. Bravo! Take a bow 👏💞

4. Freddisney says:

Wow am impressed now I got myself a new mentor

5. menubar says:

Haha take it easy buddeh!

This is different, Karima, entirely different flavour! The speed of recitation reflects how active you are in life. But I enjoyed to the hilt. Well done👍💐😊😊❤️

7. Grace says:

OMG!!!! This is absolutely excellent, Karima! I know I just said “you have a knack for the recitation” but seriously you truly DO!!! Such creative brilliance here. The effortless rhyming and flow to your words is just gorgeous! And your voice has this beautiful ease and peace to it, makes the listener zoom into your words 😊. AMAZING, as always my friend 🤍🤍

• Aww hahah big hugs Grace..I have been a bit manically creative the last two days, but how it makes me smile that you enjoy, my crazy innovations..Like this one. I wrote the poem first then sought a long while for the music that is in the same beat.. I was looking in bossa nova, but I was wrong..just good old Salsa Tropical and I was lucky to find this piece in a compilation of 5 hours..this one stood out:) Anyway so happy you loved how it came out:):) I used a different kind of voice FX called Radio Voice..I guess it worked:):) See you on Zoom soon hahaha:):) maybe after your tennis game :):)

• Grace says:

Aww you are so sweet!!!! I love your craziness 🤗, it’s so beautiful to me!!! Thank you for sharing the story behind this one, I love a little behind the scenes 😊. Awwwwwww, see you there 😆…that’s so thoughtful of you!!!!!!

8. johncoyote says:

Amazing music and words. I am dancing with you this morning dear Karima.

9. Joey says:

Haha, omg, I just got around to listening to your poem, and I am so glad I did! The rhythm, the rhymes, the playfulness it’s all making me dance. I love it ❤

Keep it up, hugss!

• Woooooo! Sometimes we need to kick out and dance:) Glad you caught this syncopated beat and joined me. Haha this was a fun one to do…I’m a bit out of practice with fast recitation but it came back to me…after a few tries:) Loved your comment and yes “playful” more than “stressed” is the theme:) Hugs!!

10. Bridgette says:

It’s such a treat to hear your beautiful voice! “Grab hold of me!” Yes. Stop. Slow down. Let me give you a hug 🙂