How Can You Come To Me?

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 12.39.29 PM

How can you come to me?
If I never even heard your voice
call my name?
Will you come in a written chat,
imposed over the clouds,
or across the scrim
of my closed eyes?

Will your words just enter me
without words, so I feel
you are here now?
In silence.. I will just know?
Will you come to me as a warrior,
a slick hip city girl,
my precious little “Natskies “
peeking around corners,

going round n round?

What role will you be wrapped in
or maybe not in actor form..
just Mein Direktor,,
escorting me to my place?
Asking me to sit here please,
and in your very Nat-way,
when I say, “Oh Nat I miss you”
just wink and answer, “I knew you’d say that”

September 17, 2021
Costa Rica

*Footnote The image is taken from one of our videos,
Where Nat played my daughter: https://youtu.be/pHJOJH0gWDw

This entry was posted in Poems, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to How Can You Come To Me?

Beautiful and touching ❤️ / waves at little Natskies…

So beautiful, dear Karima. A lovely reminiscence, with vivid imagery and feelings for us. We can feel you, my dear friend. ❤️🙏🥰🌷

One more heart-touching piece from you, Karima. You feel Nat in your heart, and I can feel you, and Nat (through you). It was such a unique relationship, and I’m sure that it will continue for all days to come. Your own creativity will speak for her too. So stay happy and blessed, my friend 😊💐💖

• .Oh Kaushal…I do..I feel Nat in my heart and I find it so , not sure the word, uplifting for me personally, to see that you captured what a unique relationship we had. In our movie The Connection I said, “Not Lovers in the conventional sense…we are Creators” It was so unique and so close. Yes, I pray that I will always feel that connection in some way..even now.. Thank you for your beautifu words Kaushal…you have lifted my soul a bit higher with them.❤️🙏🦋

4. Ace says:

Aww Karima, this is so deeply beautiful! Those last lines truly touch the heart and soul, powerfully done. You can feel the emotion and vulnerability laced into your deeply wise lines…you have such a way of creating magic no matter what you create! Keep expressing and sharing, my dear friend. Love you 🥰🖤🤗🖤

• Thank you thank you sweet Ace…You feel all this in my poetry, because you are truly one of the most sensitive and empathetic human beings I have met…. anywhere! Thank you for your encouragement…I have to stick close to my muse, especially now, but I feel Nat is making friends with her…in some way..on some level…I love that thought..May they help me make the magic!! 🙏❣️🦋🌟❤️

5. Samreen Asad says:

That is so beyond beautiful habeebity, I can so feel what you must be feeling through your poem. You write and create magic UmJulian and I always get so much entangled in your words that I think over it for a long time. Such is the beauty of your talent. Love you dear♥️🤗🤗❤️, may Allah give you strength and bless her soul. ❤️

6. Diana says:

Such a beautiful poem, dear Karima. I love the sensitivity of this post. I could feel every word. Nat would have loved it. Your words are quite touching on so many levels. Be blessed Habibti and keep sharing your beautiful poetry here with us. ❤️🙏❤️🌹💐🤗