Hopeless…

the_veil_by_photominer_d5r851a-fullview

Please listen to my recording of the poem to the music, “Cansaco” by Nym

A cracked fountain, spewing water in the plaza
I’m asking for the impossible once again
and making broken promises at midnight
while throwing pennies to the bottom of a well.

My tears are just painted on tonight,
by the stars filtered through my veil..
A lady unapproachable, who’s given up on Life
and presses herself into the pages of the past.

But this cloudy night does not reveal the hidden
the yearning for that light touch, the sweet smell
of the flowers you hold in your hand..
I said I’d never conjure you again…. but I am hopeless.
hopeless hopeless hopeless

And somewhere down the street our song is playing
I bet you paid the angels just to see my face.
Only I can see you, only I feel you pressed to my side
as we parade past that cracked fountain, burbling away the night

I have given you up every end of the year
every birthday and anniversary and yet..you’re still here,
grasping my forearm in your death grip of love;
I know you’ll never let me go, and I am hopeless
as I pass by, everyone sees and everyone knows…. I am hopeless
hopeless hopeless hopeless

June 23,2002
Costa Rica

This entry was posted in Poems, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Hopeless…

1. Oops I forgot to put in the recording..Please have a listen now:)
    I also want to thank Scottius for sending this music my way…he knows my muse well:):)

• scottius says:

Glad to be of service! I always like how you combine your poetry with other media such as music and visual art. Great powerful work!

• Thank you so much Scottius.. my muse just winked at you..which could mean..any music that blows your fur back, could be interesting to her:) I am so glad you like what I do and hope I will see you in avatar person at the Opensim Fest July 8th:)

2. Ohhh god you nailed it! I love it! I love this post so much!

3. Thank you again, Luna B, I am honored that you feel this way. It makes me too, want to dig deep and always better myself as a poet:)

Beautiful and poignant. The things that you find in music! And I love that you are putting up audio tracks now; like miniature readings!

5. Awww thank you Dale..i finally went premium and that is now a much simpler possibility..So happy you are enjoying these recordings.. You are right, they are mini readings..and now that is giving me a new idea.Thank you for always being there for me.

6. Harshi says:

Oh Kaima! This poem is going to haunt me now. Its been beautifully composed and I loved reciting it! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the recording. Your voice is apt for the mood and does justice to the poem. You must recite this in your next poetry gathering.

• Aww Harshi..so glad this one got to you. People were asking me after they heard it, “Are you all right?” but we are poets and music for me, can bring back memories. I am fine, but the music itself led me to see this scene in black and white..and I just wrote down what I saw (what I remembered) I love to think you recited it too…Yes! I was talking to Dale…and this one will be in my July 8th reading..I will dedicate it to you:)

7. “May the power of music and words inspire you to write and recite many more interesting pieces. 🙂” InshAllah! 🙏

8. Goodness, this was brilliant. Bravo. Just… bravo!

9. swadharma9 says:

such a powerful, deep, heart-touching sharing: incredibly evocative of profound tender feelings & yearning!💃🏻💃🏻 i was so moved when i first read the poem that i could not listen to your vocal version until today, & it is perfect, plucking those archetypal human emotions, evoking a long sigh of acceptance & relief that expression of the ineffable is possible, & healing. pure soul-medicine🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼thank you🙏🏼💕

• Thank you, thank you dear J. you feel my poem so deeply, because you know how to feel and yes the hopelessness is more acceptance and you saw that…Our protagonist (to put it that way) is beautifully haunted…this is part of her life and she is grateful not possessed. She has accepted this subtle love from the other side as one of the sweetest parts of her life…Yes as you say,”evoking a long sigh of acceptance & relief that expression of the ineffable is possible, & healing” Some might pity her, but they only see the outside of it.. inside there is continuity and connection…still and for always.🙏❤️🌹🦋🌼

10. Love hearing your sultry voice with words of longing and love and desire in your hopeless pursuit of letting go and all of ours.. Bravo.. well done Karima!! 💖💖👏👏👏👏

• Oh Cindy..such a nice comment and glad you “love hearing my sultry voice” Blushes:) Yes, this is a recurrent theme in my writing..I think after we have been writing a long while, we all have that. As I get older, I also see what is important to me and who was important to me…my muse finds a million variations to say it… but in the end, it is all about love… the kind that lasts and lasts:)

What a beautiful poem on love, longing and emotion! Your deep voice is mesmerising, it’s like icing on the cake. Well done, Karima, as always 👍💐💖

• Thank you Kaushal…yes the music put me in a mood..it doesn’t take much for me, to be pulled back into the past//I have a ghost lined up just waiting to be conjured again..Thank you for your kind w ords about my voice..I am more inspired to continue recording my poems as I write them, because of your appreciation:) 🌹🦋❤️🌼

12. Navin says:

I love this poem, Karima…love it, love it, love it…the combination of your deep lines, your amazing voice & the beautiful song is beyond description…but that’s not it…it’s your emotions that has taken this piece of you to a whole different level…love is that level…music has brought you to this scene…where love is dripping through the beautiful memory ❤️

• I love love love that you loved it dear Navin..
      I kinda of thought you might, knowing your nostalgic heart, your movies that replay for you…and just knowing you. Thank you dear friend, The song absolutely pulled this out of my depths… My old virtual friend, Scottius, knows what can excite my muse. Over the years he has sent me 3 or 4 pieces..that all became poems. I really did live (relive?) this one..the imagery was so clear in my head..all I had to do was find the words:)
      Yes you are right, my emotions are spilling everywhere, hemorrhaging, like that cracked fountain in the Plaza. Thank you so much for feeling so much.❤️ 🦋🌹

• Navin says:

You’re very welcome, dear Karima…I could sense that you were reliving this one…it’s apparent to my I through your words & beautiful voice…how lovely, all the pieces, which Scottius has sent you have become poems…keep expressing & shining, my dear friend ✨❤️💫🤗

• Thank you again Navin for your amazing support! 🙏

I always love hearing you read, and this poem is so beautiful, Karima. So much emotion is transferred to the reader, leaving us in the wake of its beauty. ❤️🤗🌹✨

14. Ahmad says:

So beautiful poem attached my feeling so deep ❤️